There are many videos on YouTube demoing the concept of transparent android tablet or smartphone. But no one has tried to made one. KickStarter has started a campaign to make these transparent tablets reality and needs your funding for that.
- Semi-Transparent 7" LCD display 800X480. Upper 25% non-transparent for thumbs input.
- Back sided capacitive multi-touch panel (approved patent)
- Front sided capacitive multi-touch panel with extended programmable touch area (marked with 2 lit circles)
- Android 4.2 (or 4.4 if available by then, spec allows it)
- ARM processor - Cortex A8 512K RAM
- IR transmitter to control TV's and DVD's.
- SD card slot
- 4Gb internal storage
- Wi-fi, Bluetooth
You can play your role for bringing this tablet for common person by donating a minimum of $1 which can go upto as much as your pocket allows. Giving $159 will get you one for yourself.
If you want to donate for this project, you can do this by visiting their official site.